Saturday, January 03, 2009

This year, I resolve...

...to be more collaborative
  1. by inviting more voices to contribute to Kentucky School News and Commentary.
  2. ....

One is plenty, for now.

Actually, I've had a list of folks I'd like to invite as contributors for a while now. I just haven't pulled the trigger.

Carolyn Witt Jones and I have talked about how we need more voices in the education conversation - not less. But writing commentary is not everyone's cup of tea. Some folks don't want to get into the political scrum and risk retaliatory comments from opponents. But my hope is that some will.

True to KSN&C's orientation, I will be seeking a cross-section of folks who have participated (or are participating) in the business of schooling with a state-wide vision for Kentucky. Those providing leadership in pursuit of excellence and equity in schooling; maintaining high standards while narrowing achievement gaps.

Suggestions welcome.


No comments: